Coyotes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coyotes

vires intus sarcina (strength within the pack)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Communication Channels

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GuardDawg1369
Admin
Admin
GuardDawg1369

Howls Received : 9

Communication Channels Empty
PostSubject: Communication Channels   Communication Channels I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 7:23 am

There are options to select different com channels. I think there are some poeple who don't know what each channel is for.

Squad Leader:

1.Squad chat allows you to be heard withing your squad

2.Platoon chat allows to be heard by only other Squad Leaders

Platoon Leader:

"same as above"

1. Company chat allows you to be heard by other platoon leaders and OIC

2. Platoon Broadcast allows your entire platoon to hear you

OIC

"same as above"

Company broadcast allows the entire company to hear you

This became a big issue for me yesterday. I was OIC and had a platoon leader on Company chat calling out stuff. I thought he was asking for my help or another platoon leaders help. I don't think he realized he could only be heard by OICs and PTs. Also, no matter what com you are in your group can constantly hear you.

Also make precise call outs. The same PT said, "I need help on this bunker, this bunker is going down". Not enough info. 12 bunkers on the map. Asking for help on "this" bunker does not allow anyone to help you. He then was appearently standing in front of some thing and called out "I need this up right now". Again, What is "this". Bad callouts plus the fact that he didn't realize he was only talking to his OIC, Platoon Leaders, and his own squad all made for an interesting day. He then got mad at me when I asked for more info on his callouts.

If I got anything wrong or left anything out, feel free to add or take away as needed.

Please Bump This Thread After You Read It!!! That way everyone can get the info :smileywink:
For the people that do not know. You hold up on the D-Pad to bring up com selection, then press L2/R2 to select which com you want. Once you have selected the channel you want to talk on simply let go of the up botton on the D-Pad.

No matter what channel you are on, you can not hear the people that are not in a leadership position. The only "Non-Leaders" you will hear are the ones in your squad.
If you die and respawn, once you press up on the D-Pad it will automatically put you back into squad chat. No matter what channel you were originally on.
Back to top Go down

Communication Channels
Page 1 of 1